The Connected Owl serves individuals in the state of Ohio, aged 18 and older, with a multitude of concerns including depression, anxiety, OCD, panic attacks, relationship issues, trauma, grief, stage of life struggles, parenting and career issues. We serve clients using a Solution Focused approach, which means we direct clients to formalize goals and work during and between sessions to make noticeable and efficient movement toward meeting those goals. Our clients report noticing significant relief and shifts toward a better life within the first few sessions. In addition, your therapist is trained in proven, current, and researched approaches in mental health techniques:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help build insight into the relationship between our thoughts, behaviors and emotions.
- EMDR and Trauma Informed CBT to effectively treat the complex issues surrounding the impact of traumatic events and relationship trauma.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy to help build awareness of how relationships impact our functioning and emotions, how we tend to repeat patterns in relationships, and ways to form healthier patterns.
- Polyvagal Theory and Body Focused Regulation to help clients build awareness of how stress, trauma and emotions are represented in the body, and how to take control of our lives through self-regulation.
- Internal Family Systems to help build awareness of the variety of internal needs and how to manage seemingly competing needs.
- Client Centered Therapy to promote the reality that the client is the driver of their therapy, and therefore of their lives. We honor the client’s perspective and experiences; and you are your own best expert, fully capable of empowering change in your life. The role of the therapist is to be curious about your unique life experiences, and help you build awareness and learn new skills so you can empower yourself to make positive life changes.
Request an appointment today to begin your journey to a more empowered and satisfying life.